Saturday, September 6, 2008

The purpose

I decided to create this 2nd blog for several reasons. I wanted a more personal blog where I could share my spiritual moments and I wanted one where I could share my frustrations and moments without burdening readers that enjoy just the "happy" moments of my families life.
Another reason is I want to help my husband. The good thing about that is he dosn't read my blogs, so I can say anything I want. If a person is going through a drug or alcohol addiction, their loved ones can go to AA or NA. Well, there is not a "group" for people of loved ones (that I know of) who are losing their eye sight. I need some serious help sometimes.

I would love to have comments on anything to help my family adjust.
Forrest, my husband and I have been married going on 10 years. I knew when I married him that he was losing his eyesight. To make a long story short, the doctors do not know what is causing his loose of eyesight. We just know that It has progressivly gotten worse over the years. Although, it has stayed about the same for the last 2 years, but he does have his bad days. Which include miagranes and complete melt downs because he just can't handle "living like this anymore." Almost 3 years ago he quit his job as a Wal-Mart manager. We had a great house and a great life. Actually, it was the life that I had always dreamed of but never thought that I would have. I homeschooled my daughter and was very active in church as was Forrest. We never needed or wanted for ANYTHING. Then came the day we always knew would come. He could not work that job anymore. We sold our house in Maryland and moved back home to NC so that we could be closer to family for support. Our lives did a complete turn around. The kids have adjusted, but It's still a rough road ahead.
I think that's enough of the story for now. I don't mean to write any of this for sympathy. I need it for my own sanity.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I think that this is so great. I love to blog. I have never been one to write in a journal and I find a great release when I blog. I love sharing what is going on in my life with others and I hope that you find the outlet you need here. I will offer advice and/or thoughts and I will warn you that sometimes I don't seem to have a filter so I appoligize for that now. I want you to know that I love you and am so glad to have you in my life as a friend. You have no idea how much you and your family helped me through a really rough time in my life.

Tina Liverman said...

Wow! That is deep. I feel the same way. I don't know what I, we, would have done without you guys back then. Great memories, that's for sure.